Auto, Property and General Liability Claims
All of the carriers LCIS works with have telephone reporting options. Calling them directly is the fastest and most efficient method of reporting a claim. If you have any problems, please contact our Claims Director, Brian Arnold, directly at:
Landscape ProPac Program:
Clear Blue Insurance Company (Claims Administered by Network Adjusters, Inc.):
• Toll Free: 877-533-1211 option 5
• Fax Reporting: 720-529-9345
• Email Reporting: email@example.com
One Beacon Insurance Company:
• Toll Free: 877-248-3455
• Fax Reporting: 866-213-2802
• Email Reporting: firstname.lastname@example.org
ARCH Insurance Co. (Claims Administered by York Risk Service Group):
• Toll Free: 866-548-2617 Reference Client Code: 3082
• Fax Reporting: 866-548-2631
• Email Reporting: email@example.com
Workers’ Compensation Claims
All workers’ compensation claims should be reported within 24 hours of knowledge, and always within 5 days of the date of injury. Delays in reporting worker injuries often increase the cost of a claim. Studies from the National Council on Compensation Insurance (NCCI) show that when occupational injury reporting was delayed three weeks, claims costs rose 35%. They also found the median cost of a sprain or strain reported four weeks after the injury nearly 70% higher than one reported during the first week.
For Workers’ Compensation claims, remember to provide the injured employee the DWC-1 form within 24 hours of your receiving notification of the claim: https://www.dir.ca.gov.dwc/dwcform1.pdf
WC Insurance Companies:
• One Beacon (Atlantic Specialty Ins. Co.) Toll Free: 877-248-3455 Fax: 800-224-4416
• AmTrust (Wesco, Security National) Toll Free: 866-272-9267 Fax: 877-669-9140
• Berkshire Hathaway (Cypress, Oak River) Toll Free: 800-661-6029 Fax: 800-661-6984
• Insurance Company of the West (ICW) Toll Free: 877-442-9669 Fax: 858-436-8916
• Markel (FirstComp) Toll Free: 800-362-7535 Fax: 800-362-7535
• Pacific Comp Toll Free: 800-474-8080 Fax: 800-858-6509
• Republic Underwriters (Admin by Sedgwick) Toll Free: 855-728-5277 Fax: 866-383-3296
• Atlas (Falls Lake, Accredited Surety) (Admin by Sedgwick) Toll Free: 855-728-5277 Fax: 866-383-3296
• Benchmark (CompStar) Toll Free: 866-337-0891 Fax: 909-843-9156
• State Compensation Ins. Fund Toll Free: 888-782-8338 Fax: 800-371-5905
Death / Serious Injury Claims
For any Workers’ Compensation claims involving work-related death or serious injury or illness, Cal/OSHA requires that employers immediately report the incident by telephone to the nearest District Office of Cal/OSHA. Immediately means “as soon as practically possible but no longer than 8 hours.” Failure to meet that deadline results in a $5,000 fine to the employer. District Offices can be found on the Cal/OSHA website: http://www.dir.ca.gov/dosh/districtoffices.htm. You can call 24/7.
"Serious injury or illness" means any injury or illness occurring in a place of employment or in connection with any employment which requires:
• Inpatient hospitalization for a period in excess of 24 hours for other than medical observation
• An employee suffers a loss of any member of the body or suffers any serious degree of permanent disfigurement.
When in doubt as to whether or not you need to report to Cal/OSHA, make the call. Make sure to make note of the name of any Cal/OSHA staff members you speak with.
Please also call our claims director, Brian Arnold at: 559-650-3504 and notify us of any death or serious injury claims. We can help make sure that the carrier claims team is immediately involved.
Disputed Workers’ Compensation Claims
Not every work injury reported to an employer is “cut and dried.” In many instances there are questionable circumstances as to whether or not an injury is “valid.” In these situations, the employer should still give the employee the Workers’ Compensation Claim Form (DWC-1) and should still report the claim to the carrier / claims administrator. The employer also needs to arrange medical treatment. Effective 4/19/04, the employer / claim administrator must authorize medical treatment within 1 day of the receipt of the claim form, until the claim is either accepted or denied (maximum liability for medical treatment on delayed claims is $10,000). Reporting the claim and giving the employee a claim form is not an admission of acceptance of a claim – it merely gets it started. The claims administrator has only 90 days to investigate suspicious claims and make a decision on the validity of the claim. It's crucial to report disputed claims as quickly possible.
For more information please contact:
Brian Arnold, WCCP, SIA
(800) 628-8735 Ext. 504
Landscape Contractors Insurance Services, Inc.
1835 N. Fine Ave, Fresno CA 93727
Tel (800) 628-8735 Fax (559) 650-3558
CA LIC # 0755906